Commercial Manager / Senior QS
We’re recruiting a Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor with strong commercial groundworks and civil engineering experience to join our team. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, you will be hands on whilst leading the surveying team in carrying out the full range of commercial duties.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- at least 15 years’ experience
- in depth knowledge of varying forms of contract e.g. JCT, NEC
- in depth practical knowledge of varying forms of measurement e.g. SMM7, CESSM, Highway MOM, NRM
- a good track record of maintaining relationships with new and existing customers
- good communication skills and be able to deal with people at all levels
- a proven track record of developing members of staff
- skills in dispute resolution
- experience of managing supply chains.
Key responsibilities include:
- reviewing contractual and order documentation
- ensuring contractual compliance – notices/loss and expense
- managing financial and contractual performance targets
- preparing and substantiating valuation of works
- negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- maintaining and developing collaborative customer relationships(resolving queries, implementing improvement opportunities)
- sourcing and developing partnerships with competent subcontractors
- identifying opportunities and savings.
Job type: Full-time, Contract
Working hours: 7.30 – 17.00
Site location: Head office in Aston and project sites
- BSc in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
- Working towards membership of a professional body (e.g. RICS, ICE, or CIOB)
- CSCS card
- MSc Dispute Resolution
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics – NAVISION
McDermotts is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com