Land Surveyor/CAD Technician
We’re looking for a Land Surveyor / CAD technician to produce models for machine control and earthworks. Based at our head office with some site visits, you will join a fast-paced, well organised working environment.
A laptop will be provided.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- a proven track record of surveying
- proficiency using robotic setting out equipment
- proficiency using AutoCad
- good communication skills
- a good understanding of engineer and architects drawings
- the ability to maintain effective relationships with customers
- a full driving licence
- a CSCS card
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience of machine control
- a minimum of 3 years’ land surveying experience
Key responsibilities include:
- providing a modelling service and support to the Commercial department and Project Managers as required
- completing quality assurance checks and associated documentation
- preparing as built drawings
- records management
- attending sites as required
Rate is negotiable depending on experience.
Working hours: 7.30 – 17.00
Why join McDermotts?
McDermotts is a groundworks and civil engineering company based in Birmingham, supporting some of the country’s biggest construction companies. We’re a family-founded business that still operates with the customer focus and values we started with.
Construction is our passion, and we believe that the industry can provide rich and rewarding experiences. When you engage with McDermotts, you are not just joining a team, you become part of our family. Our culture is built around supporting each other and working together to achieve success.