We’re recruiting a Plant Coordinator to join our Plant department. Based at our head office in Aston, you will join a fast-paced, well organised working environment.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- previous experience in plant/tools or transport
- a flexible approach and be able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude
- strong IT skills including advanced knowledge of Excel
- a good track record of building and maintaining relationships with internal teams and the supply chain
- strong coordination, interpersonal and communication skills
- attention to detail
- the ability to work to a budget and mitigate unnecessary costs
Key responsibilities include:
- coordinating Plant department operations
- deputising for the Plant Manager during periods of absence
- managing and processing hire requests
- placing orders in a timely manner
- collecting, analysing, and preparing Plant department reports
- facilitating appropriate communication and correspondence between external and internal contacts
- inputting invoices and dealing with invoice queries
- monitoring and controlling financial processes (e.g. credit card payments)
Job type: Full-time
Working hours: 7.00-16.30
Site location: Aston, Birmingham
Why join McDermotts?
McDermotts is a groundworks and civil engineering company based in Birmingham, supporting some of the country’s biggest construction companies. We’re a family-founded business that still operates with the customer focus and values we started with.
Construction is our passion, and we believe that the industry can provide rich and rewarding experiences. When you engage with McDermotts, you are not just joining a team, you become part of our family. Our culture is built around supporting each other and working together to achieve success.