Procurement Officer – Maternity Cover
We’re recruiting a Procurement Officer with strong commercial groundworks and civil engineering experience to join our team for 8 months maternity cover which may lead to a permanent position. Based at our head office in Aston, you will join a fast pace, well organised working environment.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- track record buying products for use within the civil engineering sector
- track record of building and maintaining relationships with internal teams and supply chain
- ability to support multiple contracts and working to strict deadlines, attention to detail with the ability to identify commercial risks and proposals to mitigate
- flexible approach and able to work under pressure
- experience of the commercial build environment is preferable
Key responsibilities include:
- obtaining quotations, placing orders with suppliers at agreed rates and terms
- liaising with estimating team to ensure an accurate project cost
- supporting allocated projects with all aspects of procurement
- champion effective and efficient purchasing processes, implementing appropriate improvements with relevant
- obtaining test, certification, and other data
- preparing key performance indicator information
- assisting with O&M manual compliance
Job type: Full-time
Working hours: 7.30 – 17.00
Site location: Aston
- 3 years civil engineering/construction experience
- Construction related qualification
- CIPS or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics – NAVISION
Why join McDermotts?
McDermotts is a groundworks and civil engineering company based in Birmingham, supporting some of the country’s biggest construction companies. We’re a family-founded business that still operates with the customer focus and values we started with.
Construction is our passion, and we believe that the industry can provide rich and rewarding experiences. When you engage with McDermotts, you are not just joining a team, you become part of our family. Our culture is built around supporting each other and working together to achieve success.
McDermott Building and Civil Engineering Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.