Project Manager(s) – Midlands based
We are recruiting a Project Manager with commercial groundworks experience to work on challenging projects in the Midlands and surrounding areas.
Based on our commercial groundworks projects throughout the Midlands, you will join a fast paced, well organised working environment.
To be suitable for the position you must have:
- minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- proven experience in all aspects of commercial groundworks, working on project values up to £10m
- experience producing and managing programmes
- proven track record of delivering projects to a tight programme
- appropriate qualifications/cards (e.g. SMSTS / CSCS)
- up to date knowledge of compliance and industry requirements (e.g. health & safety)
- full driving licence
The skills required include:
- self motivation and confidence working in a fast-paced environment
- planning and organising
- communication and collaborative working
- co-ordinating activities with project team (e.g. engineers, quantity surveyors)
- managing all stakeholder interests (e.g. customer, compliance etc.)
- IT skills (e.g. Word, Excel)
- specialist software (e.g. project management, FieldView)
Outcomes of the role:
- projects delivered on time, to budget and with quality assured
- effective cost control and elimination of waste leading to project profitability
- compliance with health, safety, environmental and other obligations
- conformance with company policies/processes
- effective and efficient utilisation of resources
- happy customers and interested parties.
Site working hours are 7:30 – 17:00.
Salary or day rate freelance positions available.
Rate is negotiable depending on experience.
Why join McDermotts?
McDermotts is a groundworks and civil engineering company based in Birmingham, supporting some of the country’s biggest construction companies. We’re a family-founded business that still operates with the customer focus and values we started with.
Construction is our passion, and we believe that the industry can provide rich and rewarding experiences. When you engage with McDermotts, you are not just joining a team, you become part of our family. Our culture is built around supporting each other and working together to achieve success.
McDermotts is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.