We are seeking a Senior Estimator to join our commercial team.
To be suitable for the position you must have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in all aspects of estimating for groundworks packages
- Experience in calculating major construction cost estimates
- Proven track record in the planning, development, negotiation and contract execution of a project
The skills required include:
- Self-motivation with excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Managing stakeholder interests (eg. customer, compliance etc.)
- Ability to negotiate with a range of professionals
- Make accurate time and cost estimates and resolve any issues which may arise
- Ability to research construction documents and analyse specifications
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals
- Ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before tender deadline
- Formulating contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost and time estimates
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrable competency with estimating software, eg. Conquest
Outcomes of the role:
- Tenders delivered on time
- Accurately determine the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities and labour for construction projects
- Conformance with company policies/processes
- Effective and efficient utilisation of resources
- Secure profitable works
Working hours are 7.30am – 5.00pm, based at our Head Office in Aston, Birmingham
Salary or day rate, freelance positions available. Rate is negotiable depending on experience.
Why join McDermotts?
McDermotts is a nationwide groundworks and civil engineering company, supporting some of the country’s largest construction companies. We’re a family-founded business that still operates with the customer focus and values we started with.
Construction is our passion and we believe that the industry can provide rich and rewarding experiences. When you engage with McDermotts, you’re not just joining a team but you become part of our family. Our culture is built around supporting each other and working together to achieve success.
Opportunities for progression are genuine and there is a professional support structure in place. We offer above competitive packages to reflect the importance of this role.
McDermotts is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.