The redevelopment of Beacon Barracks included single living accommodation, regimental headquarters, mess building incorporating dining and leisure facilities, offices, technical workshops, sports, medical and dental centre facilities. In total, 25 new buildings were constructed and eight existing refurbished.
Our biggest challenge on site was creating a new service trench to military specifications. Due to the intricate details of the trench and buildability issues, this required considerable interaction with the design team and other contractors working on the site.
Customer – Lend Lease
Duration – 65 weeks
Location – Stafford
Our works included
- RC foundations
- Floor and upper slabs
- Construction of grouted macadam access roads
- Plane and overlay of existing surfaces
- Multi-use service trench to MOD specification including recycled bed and surround
- External works including paving and landscaping
- Substructure slabs including insulation
- Surface and foul drainage
- Attenuation systems
- Balancing ponds