The site of the new Selly Oak Shopping Park, which has been derelict for 30 years, features a new large Sainsbury’s superstore on stilts, a 418-bed student accommodation, 11 retail units and parking facilities.
With the site being heavily contaminated and remediated prior to our arrival, we had to follow a detailed excavation strategy while working undertaking the groundworks.
The site was also completed in phases meaning that works on the new Sainsbury’s store and student accommodation continued after the retail units had been handed over and were open to the public.
Customer – Interserve Major Projects
Duration – 76 weeks
Our works included
- Retaining structures including reinforced concrete walls
- Earthworks including lime and cement stabilisation
- Ground floor slabs including gas membrane installation and validation
- Service yard slabs
- Attenuation tanks
- Canal basin for possible future development
- Hard Landscaping
- Vacuum excavation
- Street furniture installation
- Section 278 works