The new Waterside Campus for the University of Northampton has transformed a 58-acre brownfield site in Northampton to provide state-of-the-art academic facilities for 15,000 students, residential facilities for 1,200 students and leisure facilities open to the community.
This was a complex project with the site team simultaneously managing works on three buildings and two car parks. Excavations on site have been undertaken using 3D GPS machine control. As well as being quicker and minimising the possibility of a service strike, this system ensures that works undertaken are as per the plan entered into the system.
Customer – Bowmer & Kirkland
Duration – 106 weeks
Location – Northampton
Our works included
- RIC foundations
- Ground floor slabs
- Waterproofing and gas protection
- Attenuation car parks via permeable blocks and aggregates
- Refurbishment of an existing building
- Surface and foul drainage including pump stations and interceptor
- External works including roads and retaining walls
This aerial footage was taken by a drone in June 2018.