Joe began his career as an apprentice groundworker before progressing to engineer, supervisor and project manager.
He now sits on the Board of Directors representing the SHEQ department.
We asked Joe a few questions to get to know him a little better.
- What do you enjoy most about working in this industry?
That no two days are the same. I also really enjoy going out and seeing how our sites are progressing.
- Having seen McDermotts grow from the very beginning, how has the business changed?
Whilst we have evolved from a small to a large business and changed in so many areas, I am pleased that our core value of integrity has not changed and that we continue to focus on our people, the environment, and the communities that we serve.
- What has been your proudest moment working at McDermotts?
Taking my place on the Board as a Director of the company.
- If you could be involved in the construction of any project in the world, which would it be and why?
I would like to be involved in the Tideway Tunnel in London as it’s being dug at depths that have never been dug to in London before. It will run 20 miles under the River Thames and will never be seen.
- What food can you not live without?
Pepperoni Pizza and chicken wings.