Keith Haywood was recently appointed as Non-Executive Director for McDermotts however he isn’t new to the business. He was our Corporate Banking Manager for two years while working for HSBC so has a good understanding of our business and the construction industry.
When he’s not working, Keith can be found on the golf course with his wife and youngest daughter or doing up an old house they purchased last year.
We asked Keith a few questions to get to know him a little better.
- In three words describe your role.
It’s not in three words however I would say my role is to introduce “constructive challenge” and to look at things from a “different perspective.”
- What one food can you not live without?
- If you could have dinner with five people (dead or alive, real or from fiction) who would they be and why?
- David Attenborough – I love all his programs so he must have some good tales
- Lee Westwood – a great golfer, sadly now past his best. I love golf, so I think he would be interesting
- Hugh Dennis – he is just very funny
- Kate Adie – famously a long-term BBC war correspondent. She would always pop up when there was trouble somewhere in the world
- Paul McCartney – How could he not be interesting. And I’ve always liked the Beatles’ music.